Connecting with ClickUp
How to connect
There are 2 ways to connect ClickUp to Everhour: during the signup on step 2 and by going to the Integrations page in your account and clicking to add a new integration.
Everhour will sync all public and private projects you have access to. Sync happens periodically and automatically, so all new projects that you create in ClickUp will be automatically added to your Everhour account with some delay. Everhour also changes the names of tasks or projects, if they were renamed in ClickUp.
We don’t allow time tracking in archived projects. We no longer see a connection to such project, so time entries from it disappear from Time page of members and supervisors. Admins see them as archived in Everhour and reported hours remain in reports and other dashboards.
To disable your integration with ClickUp, go to your Integrations page. This option affects only your account, other team members are still able to track time.
Tracking time with Everhour in ClickUp
To see the embedded timer in your ClickUp, you need to make sure you have our browser extension installed and authorized after you established the connection. To check this, open your Integrations page that will show the status of our extension for the browser where you are logged in Everhour.
We can’t show the timer if a project is in the Box.
When you have an extension, you can:
- Track time in ClickUp tasks using the timer. You will see what other track if they work with the same task.
- Add time manually or edit previous time entries.
- Set estimates on your tasks and users who work on tasks.
- Team Admins can add a project budget and billing method.
Reports with ClickUp data
There are a number of columns that shows specific data coming from ClickUp.
- Workspace shows the name of the space;
- Project and task show the names of ClickUp projects/folders and tasks respectively;
- Iteration shows the name of the ClickUp section/list name;
- Task number and status show the task id and whether it is open/closed;
- Label shows the name of ClickUp tags;
- A custom field can be created as a column if you reported time into a task that has this custom field. We can show only the Checkbox now.
What else you should know
There are a couple of things you should be aware of. First of all, it is not possible to connect one ClickUp account with several Everhour profiles. We do that not to allow admins from one team to see what you track in another team.
There is also no technical possibility to make a granular workspace or team sync, deciding what projects you wish to connect and where you don’t want to track time.
We do not sync with a ClickUp native time tracker and Estimates feature. You can’t see our time in their reports.
Another important thing is to understand that we cannot always immediately deliver updates you do in ClickUp to Everhour. For that reason, you need to resync your projects on Integrations when you delete, create or rename a project, and to resync tasks of a project from the Projects page when changes are made inside a project (you renamed a task, added a new label, edited time).