Connecting with ClickUp
If you use ClickUp as a project management tool, you can easily integrate it with Everhour and start tracking time for all your ClickUp tasks. No more tab switching.
In this article
How to setup
Important. To see the embedded timer in your ClickUp and track time there, you need to install our browser extension. This is how we embed controls into their interface. The extension must be up-to-date and installed on any computer you use.
You'll be prompted to connect during signup. To do this, you need to hit 'ClickUp' button and let Everhour do the rest, step-by-step. You can choose between lists and folders to sync with Everhour as projects.
You can connect ClickUp or any other platform at any time from the Integrations page in your account settings.
You need to invite your team to join Everhour. During the registration process, they will need to connect their ClickUp accounts and install our browser extension. I.e. only those you invite into Everhour will be able to track time and see time progress. These are not necessarily all ClickUp users. Same way your clients will not see anything in ClickUp unless you add them to your Everhour team.
Tip: Click on the extension icon in Chrome, and then on the pin icon next to Everhour to make it visible all the time.
How sync works
When you connect ClickUp, Everhour will automatically sync all your folders across all spaces. It's currently not possible to make a granular sync, deciding what projects you wish to connect and what not.
Sync happens periodically and automatically so all new projects that you create in ClickUp will be added to your Everhour account. Everhour also updates the names of tasks or projects if they were renamed in ClickUp. This way Everhour reports will always show the freshest data.
How to trigger instant sync:
If you just added a new project in ClickUp or renamed the existing one and want to see these changes immediately in Everhour, you need to re-sync projects from the Integrations page manually.
Same with tasks. If you've just renamed a task, added a new tag or moved the task into a different section and you want to see these changes instantly, you need to go to the Projects page, select the project(-s) with a change and hit 'Resync Tasks'.
Controls inside ClickUp
After successful integration, Everhour supplements ClickUp interface with a number of features.
- Header: see total project hours and estimate (click on it to open a project summary);
- Header: configure any project as billable, set up project budget. By default, only admins can see the budget. You can enable showing budget to everyone. Regular members don't see anything money-related in Everhour;
- $ Billable Card: Everhour lets you mark certain tasks inside the billable project as non-billable and thus exclude these tasks time from the billable amount calculation or set them with a custom rate;
- Task time and estimate: total time reported by each employee and estimate into the task. Click on the badge to make changes. By the way, if you enable ClickUp estimates, they will sync with ours;
- Buttons: you can track time using the timer or log time manually. Set task estimates with Everhour, syncs with Estimates ClickApp;
- Subtasks: you can track time and watch progress by any subtask;
- Side bar: use our 'Timesheet' button to open timesheet window. You’ll be able to quickly look at all your timekeeping for a Day or Week as well as quickly add time and comments for the tasks you have been working on.
Making reports with ClickUp data
There are a number of columns that shows specific data coming from ClickUp. Open a report builder and select any of columns to display the data in your report.
- Project and task accordingly show the names of ClickUp projects and tasks;
- Parent task column that can group your subtasks under the parent name;
- Section shows the name of the ClickUp section/list name;
- Task number and Task status shows the task ID and whether it is open/closed;
- Tag shows the name of ClickUp tags;
- Any custom field can be used as a separate column;
In general, we rely on ClickUp's permissions a lot. If in ClickUp the user has access to the task project, therefore, he can track the time in it. If you take away someone's access to the project in ClickUp, this user will no longer be able to track time into its tasks. Past history will remain in the reports of the team, but the user will lose it.
Configuring budgets, marking a task as non-billable, assigning a client to the project can only be done by admins. The admin in Everhour can see projects and tasks of all members. It does not matter if an admin has access to the same project in ClickUp. This is due to the fact that any admin should see the same totals in time reports and be able to configure projects billing and budgeting.
Regular users cannot track time into the archived project. Admins can do that, but only manually (timer is disabled). Thus, we indicate that the project is archived and make sure that no one tracks time accidentally.
It may happen that ClickUp changes something in their code and these changes break some part of our functionality. We always do our best to apply the necessary corrections ASAP, but this requires updating our browser extension (this is how we embed into ClickUp interface and there is no other mechanism). If you encounter an issue that something has stopped working, please make sure that you have the latest version of the extension installed. Read this article for more details.
If suddenly the review of our extension is delayed by Google team, as a temporarily workaround, you can install the dev version of our extension. Read this article for more details.
To disable integration, go to 'Integrations' page in Everhour account.
This option affects only your account, other team members are still able to track time. If the whole team disconnects ClickUp, no one can track new time in ClickUp, time history remains only in admin reports.
To remove all Everhour controls from ClickUp interface, delete our browser extension.