How to install Everhour extension from outside the Chrome Web Store
This article explains how to install the latest Everhour browser extension bypassing Chrome Web Store where it could be outdated.
Recently, developers (including us) have encountered a problem that while updating our browser extension, Google might delay a release due to a manual review process for up to several weeks. This workaround allows you to have the most recent and stable version of our browser extension.
How to install
Chrome > Preferences > Extensionsor type
chrome://extensionsin your address bar
- Remove an existing Everhour extension, if you have one
- Download this archive - https://everhour.com/addon/chrome/everhour_time_tracker.zip
- Extract this archive into a local folder (don't delete this folder afterwards)
- Enable the 'Developer mode'
Click 'Load unpacked' and select the downloaded folder
You should see the "Everhour" extension enabled
- Please authorize the extension. You can either enter the API key, or just click this link and open your Everhour account. If you logged in, the extension will associate with your account automatically.
Can Chrome automatically update extension installed this way?
Unfortunately, Chrome would not auto-update the unpacked extension (that is in developer mode). Over time, we recommend that you remove the dev version and install the latest from the official store.
Again, this workaround is designed to help you in case of a critical problem, when you cannot wait for an update from the official store.