Connecting with Basecamp
How to connect
There are 2 ways to connect Basecamp to Everhour: during the signup on step 2 and by going to the Integrations page in your account and clicking to add new integration. You can connect Basecamp 2 and 3.
Everhour will sync all projects you have access to in your account. Sync happens periodically and automatically, so all new projects that you create in Basecamp will be automatically added to your Everhour account with some delay. Everhour also changes the names of to-dos or projects, if they were renamed in Basecamp.
Important! When you move a to-do to another project, it creates a new task with a unique id. This is why the reported time is no longer visible on your to-do in Basecamp. You can see all previously reported time on that to-do before a transfer in your reports.
We don’t allow time tracking in archived projects. We no longer see a connection to such projects, so time entries from them disappear from Time page of members and supervisors. Admins see them as archived in Everhour and reported hours remain in reports and other dashboards.
To disable your integration with Basecamp, go to your Integrations page. This option affects only your account, other team members are still able to track time.
Tracking time with Everhour in Basecamp
To see the embedded timer in your Basecamp, you need to make sure you have our browser extension installed and authorized after you established connection. To check this, open your Integrations page that will show the status of our extension for the browser where you are logged in Everhour.
When you have an extension, you can:
- Track time in Basecamp to-dos using the timer.
- Add time manually or edit previous time entries.
- Set estimates on your to-dos and users who work on to-dos.
- Check your daily and weekly Timesheet, add a task and start your timer, quickly switch the days to add/edit your time entries and leave comments in the same window.
- Team Admins can add a project budget and set the billable status for a project.
Making reports with Basecamp data
There are a number of columns that show specific data coming from Basecamp.
- Workspace shows the name of a Basecamp team.
- Project and task show the names of Basecamp projects and to-dos respectively.
- Iteration shows the name of the Basecamp section/list name.
- Task number and status show the to-do id and whether it is open/closed.
What else you should know
There are a couple of things you should be aware of. First of all, it is not possible to connect one Basecamp account with several Everhour profiles. We do that not to allow admins from one team to see what you track in another team.
There is also no technical possibility to make a granular workspace or team sync, deciding what projects you wish to connect and where you don’t want to track time.
Another important thing is to understand that we cannot always immediately deliver updates you do in Basecamp to Everhour. For that reason, you need to resync your projects on Integrations when you delete, create or rename a project, and to resync tasks of a project from the Projects page when changes are made inside a project (you renamed a to-do, edited time).