Here we'll talk in detail on how to set up an invoice in Everhour so that it includes all the important details of your and your client's company, how to group data, apply taxes and translate the invoice into another language.
In this article
Details that you see on the 'Preview' step are taken and configured in multiple places.
- Team settings: your logo and business information are taken from the team settings page. The base currency is also configured there. At the moment you can’t use multiple currencies;
- Client details: details on the client are taken from its profile. There are business information, as well as the default values of tax and discount. These values can be overridden directly in the invoice;
- Invoice details: data that is edited directly while creating an invoice;
- History and Internal Notes. Shows the name of the client, period of the invoiced time, projects that are included on the invoice, when and by whom an invoice was changed, also allows leaving internal comments.
How to group data in line items
When you generate an invoice for T&M projects, the 'Time' and 'Expense' grouping will let you organize invoice data in a certain way. Use special meta tags %Name% that will be replaced with real data.
You can use multiple tags + add your own text that will appear in each line item. It is possible to edit the line item description after you save the grouping order.
The default combination we use for every client time is %MEMBER% :: %PROJECT% :: for %PERIOD%. When changed, the chosen combination will be saved and used for every new invoice that you create for this client. You can apply a single grouping across all clients (read below).
Date format, rounding, default grouping, taxes, and discounts
By going to ' Invoices' app settings (Apps > Invoices > Settings), you can change the standard format to display dates, round invoiced time, set a single time/expense grouping of line items and as well as tax, discount, and due terms across all clients (maybe separate for a client if set on their settings page).
Also, if you want the column with user rates to be visible on a ready-made invoice, check 'Yes' in the Display Rates section:
Edit labels or change language
Each invoice can be customized to reflect titles according to your native language or business requirements. Here is how:
- Save your invoice as a draft;
- Go to Invoice preview page;
- Double click on any label of the invoice and start typing the new title;
- Alternatively, you can click on "Translations" under "More Actions" on the right. Everhour will save your variant for all past and future invoices of this client.