Here we'll talk in details on how to set up an invoice in Everhour so that it includes all the important details of your and your clients' company, how to group data, apply taxes and translate the invoice into another language.
In this article
Details that you see on the 'Preview' step are taken and configured in multiple places.
- Team settings: your logo and business information are taken from the team settings page. The base currency is also configured there. At the moment you can’t use multiple currencies;
- Client details: details on the client are taken from its profile. There are business information, as well as the default values of tax and discount. These values can be overridden directly in the invoice;
- Invoice details: data which is edited directly while creating an invoice.
How to group data in line items
When you generate an invoice, 'Time' and 'Expense' grouping will let you organize invoice data in a certain way. Use special meta tags %Name% that will be replaced with real data.
You can use multiple tags + add your own text that will appear in each line item. It is possible to edit the line item description after you save the grouping order.
The default combination we use for every client time is %MEMBER% :: %PROJECT% :: for %PERIOD%. When changed, the chosen combination will be saved and used for every new invoices that you create for this client.
Date format and rounding
By going to ' Invoices' app settings, you can change the standard format for displaying dates, as well as adjust time rounding, i.e. decrease or increase the number of decimals in the invoice.
Edit labels or change language
Each invoice can be customised to reflect titles according to your native language or business requirements. Here is how:
- Save your invoice as a draft;
- Go to Invoice preview page;
- Double click on any label of the invoice and start typing the new title;
- Alternatively, you can click on "Translations" under "More Actions" on the right. Everhour will save your variant for all past and future invoices of this client.