Deactivating, deleting and replacing users
Any admin can deactivate team members. Here is how and what happens after.
How to deactivate/delete a user
Go to Team > Members and click on the "..." menu next to the project name.
What happens after you deactivate a user
Everhour comes with a minimal users fee. If after the deactivation or deletion you end up with fewer than 5 users on Team plan or 2 users on Lite plan, you will still be charged for minimum number of seats. This is a basic fee for using our services.
- By deactivating a user you don't delete any data. We keep all the data associated with a deactivated user in our database. Their time entries are available for reporting purpose.
- A deactivated user loses access to his/her Everhour account. An admin can reactivate a user at anytime.
- If you deactivate a user during the billing cycle and then reduce a seat on the billing page, we do a pro-rate and credit the unused amount to your account (above 5 users). The credit will be applied to your next payments.
What happens after you delete a user
- By deleting a user you purge all their data. Their time entries and task estimates are unavailable for reporting purpose.
- A deleted user loses his/her Everhour account. An admin has to re-invite a user should they re-join the team.
- If you delete a user during the billing cycle then reduce a seat on the billing page, we credit the unused amount to your account (above 5 users). The credit will be applied to your next payments.
How to replace a user
You may need to deactivate or delete one user and invite another without changing the number of seats on the billing page.