Connecting with Trello
This article explains how to:
- Connect your Trello with Everhour;
- What you can do with Everhour inside your Trello account;
- Which columns you need to use in reports when you want to see the Trello data.
How to connect
- During the signup;
- Going to the Integrations page in account.
We don’t allow time tracking in archived boards. Admins can still see all the time from the archived project in Everhour using reports and other dashboards. If you also use your personal boards for work and want to track time there, you should open the Integrations page and click on configure next to your Trello connection to let us connect them to your Everhour account.
Tracking time with Everhour in Trello
- Track time in Trello cards using the timer and see the time reported by others in the same card;
- Add time manually and provide notes/edit previous time entries. Admins can do it for others;
- Set estimates for everyone assigned on your cards that will surely help to meet the deadlines;
- Check your Daily Timesheet, add a task and start your timer, quickly switch the days to add/edit your time entries and leave comments in the same window;
- Team Admins can add a project budget and set the billable status for a project;
Reports making with Trello data
There are a number of columns that shows specific data coming from Trello. Open a report builder and select any of columns to display the data in your report.
- Workspace shows the name of a Trello team;
- Project and task show the names of Trello boards and cards respectively;
- Iteration shows the name of the Trello list name;
- Task number and status show the task id and whether it is open/archived;
- Label shows the name of Trello labels;
- A custom field can be created as a column if you reported time into a task that has this custom field.
What else you should know
First of all, it is not possible to connect one Trello account with several Everhour profiles. We do that not to allow admins from one team to see what you track in another team. There is also no technical possibility to make a granular workspace or team sync, deciding what boards you wish to connect and where you don’t want to track time.
Secondly, there is no technical possibility to make a granular workspace or team sync, deciding what projects you wish to connect and where you don’t want to track time.
And the last but not least, we cannot always immediately deliver updates you do in Trello to Everhour. Please read this article if you find your reports showing out-of-date information.