Manage clients (internal)
Clients in Everhour are used to easily bring multiple projects under one roof and issue invoices with billable time and expenses.
In this article
When to use clients
External vs. internal clients
Everhour integrates with such accounting tools as Xero, QuickBooks Online and FreshBooks. All clients created there are imported as a list to the Everhour Clients' tab. This helps to avoid double entry. An alternative is to create and manage clients through Everhour.
How to create a client
Go to your Clients page to create an internal client. Only team admins can do that.
A client has a few basic fields:
- Client name;
- Assigned projects (a project can belong only to one client);
- Business details, Tax, Discount, Due Terms: default values used in invoices.
Only team admins can access Clients page, can see their names on various dashboards across the app, in reports and Schedule.
Here is what you can do on Clients page:
- Group / filter clients by various parameters;
- Edit projects assigned to a client (plus mark a client as favorite and pin it to the top);
- See the total uninvoiced time (if any);
- Watch client budget (both project and client could have independent budgets).
Click on a client name to open its Summary page.
- Click on a '...' icon near the client name to open client settings;
- Switch between multiple pages with clients' data;
- See key metrics by the client.
There is a special column called 'Client' that displays its name in reports and allows to group and analyze the data associated with it.
Also there is an option of filtering projects by client name instead of individually.
Archiving and deleting a client
Both actions are available from the 'Edit client' modal by clicking '...' icon next to the client name.
- An archived client is moved to a separate page. All its time and invoices remain untouched. You can restore a client at any time;
- If a client is deleted, we delete all its invoices, budgets, mark time entries as uninvoiced and unlink all projects. This cannot be undone!