I don’t see a timer in tasks
This article explains the situation when you were using Everhour with Asana, Trello, Basecamp or any other project management tool. Our timer disappeared at some point and you don’t see the timer in tasks any longer.
Here are a couple of steps to troubleshoot yourself before reaching out to our support.
You are an existing user
Typical reasons why the timer stopped appearing:
– You have recently changed your computer;
– You are trying to use Everhour on a different computer (home vs office vs meeting room);
– You’ve changed your browser.
In each case, the Everhour browser extension might be missing. Having a browser extension installed is essential. This is how we embed into a 3d party tool interface. When you don’t have a browser extension, it looks as if Everhour is not syncing with other tools, when in fact settings show the opposite.
How to troubleshot?
– Please make sure you have our browser extension installed. You can verify that by going to Everhour > Settings > Integrations.
– Press Install and follow steps.
Note for Safari users. After Safari has released version 12.0, it no longer lets us install an extension that is not in their Gallery or App Store. Unfortunately, Safari verifies updates slowly, and we have no power to make it faster. Therefore, most likely after the install, you will see that you do not have the latest version installed. Please ignore it. This is because the new version has not yet been reviewed and thus not available for a download.
You are just signing up
– You did not connect Everhour to your PM tool;
– Our browser extension is not installed;
– You have no account with Everhour yet.
How to troubleshot?
– Please check that you have a connection between Everhour and your PM tool. You can do that by going to Account > Integrations. If there is no connection, click on Add button.
– Check that you have our browser extension installed. You should see a respective message at the top. If that did not help and you still don’t see a timer in tasks, please write us an email at email@example.com or use a live chat in your account.