Screenshots: basic information
Screenshots let the team administrators monitor the page visits and activity of any member in order to prove they are indeed working on a task for which they report hours.
In this article
Enable screenshot taking
If the feature is enabled on the Apps page, team member should install our desktop app from here so that Everhour could take screenshots. Open it after the download to authorise with your Everhour account. Last but very important step is to agree to grant our app permissions to take screenshots.
When screenshots are enabled, every user selected will see a new tab "Screenshots" on Time and under Member profile tabs. Team administrators can see this tab when they access a profile of another member.
Screenshots tab and preview
This page will be divided with hourly blocks, each block with 6 screenshots in total, because we take a screenshot every 10 minutes.
- Each screenshot has exact time when it was taken displayed according to the user time format. When you pause and resume screenshot taking, there can be several screenshots within a 10-minute interval, they will be enumerated.
- Choose a day for which you want to see screenshots.
- A task title for which a user was tracking with a timer at the moment of screenshot taking. When you were not using timer at that moment, the screen will say "No timer".
- We label a screenshot with "No activity" when it was not taken, and "Deleted" if somebody removed it.
- Remove a screenshot / bulk select screenshots to remove.
When you click on a screenshot, you open a preview screen.
- Header displays the user name, project, task title, time and day of screenshot taking.
- You can delete a screenshot from the preview.
- Navigate across screenshots by clicking on arrows with a mouse or using left-right keys.
Screenshots on Timers
As a team administrator, you can go to the Timers tab and see the column with number of screenshots made on that day. If you click on it, you will enter the preview where you can scroll left and right.