Creating a time off (admins)
Everhour admins and supervisors (if allowed) can record time offs for themselves and other team members.
How to record a Time off
An admin can record a time off from multiple places across the app: 'Home', 'Time Off' or 'Schedule' page. Regardless of where the button was clicked, you'll see the following window:
- Time Off. Choose one of the available types (categories);
- Assignee. Choose a person, multiple users, team groups, or everyone (if assigning a holiday);
- Period / Duration. The number of days the time off lasts. You can either choose from 1 of the 4 presets (3/4, 1/2, or 1/4 of the day), or hit the Custom switch and enter a custom time-off period. Additionally, you can indicate to count the non-working days or not;
- Time will be calculated based on a user's weekly capacity that you set on the 'Members' page. If the employee's weekly capacity is 40 hours (full-time employee), 1/2 of the day is 4 hours. If the capacity is 20 hours (part-time employee), then half of a working day will be 2 hours.
- Notes. You can leave extra notes.
Some integrations (Asana, Trello, Basecamp) support adding time through a timesheet button, so time off can also be entered there.