Connecting with Monday.com
If you use monday.com as a project management tool, you can easily integrate it with Everhour and start tracking time for all your tasks. No more tab switching.
In this article
How to setup
Important. To see the embedded timer in your monday.com and track time there, you need to install our browser extension. This is how we embed controls into their interface. The extension must be up-to-date and installed on each computer where you use Everhour.
You'll be prompted to connect during signup. To do this, you need to hit the 'monday.com' button. First, you need to install our app in your monday.com account, then authorize it.
You can connect monday.com or any other platform at any time on the
Integrations page in your account settings.
You need to invite your team to join Everhour. During the registration process, they will need to connect their monday.com accounts, install our browser extension, grant access to your subdomain (by clicking on the extension icon in the browser toolbar after you installed it and authorized). I.e. only those you invite into Everhour will be able to track time and see time progress. These are not necessarily all monday.com users. In the same way, your clients will not see anything in monday.com unless you add them to your Everhour team.
Tip: Click on the extension icon in Chrome, and then on the pin icon next to Everhour to make it visible all the time.
How sync works
When you connect monday.com, Everhour will automatically sync all your boards across all workspaces.
Sync happens periodically and automatically so all new boards that you create in monday.com will be added to your Everhour account. Everhour also updates the names of tasks, board groups, or boards if they were renamed in monday.com after you make a resync of tasks inside a project. This way Everhour reports will always show the freshest data.
💡 This is the first version of our integration so not all items sync yet. Namely, Everhour does not sync names of folders or dashboards that you add to a workspace. We also do not support the sync of tags, task types, task due dates, and some other metrics/attributes to our reports at the moment. Everhour also does not sync subtasks, you can't track time in them.
How to trigger instant sync:
If you just added a new board in monday.com or renamed the existing one and want to see these changes immediately in Everhour, you need to re-sync projects from the Integrations page manually.
Same with tasks. If you've just renamed a task or moved the task into a different group and you want to see these changes instantly, you need to go to the Projects page, select the project(-s) with a change, and hit 'Resync Data'.
Controls inside monday.com
After successful integration, Everhour supplements the monday.com interface with a number of features. You can see these controls when opening tasks on Table, Kanban, and Chart views.
- Header: configure any project as billable, set up a project budget, see total project hours, and estimate (click on it to open a project summary). By default, only admins can see the budget. You can enable showing the budget to everyone. Regular members don't see anything money-related in Everhour;
- '$' icon: Everhour lets you mark certain tasks inside the billable project as non-billable and thus exclude these tasks' time from the billable amount calculation or set them with a custom rate;
- Task time: total time reported by each employee and the task's estimate. Click on the badge to make changes;
- Buttons: you can track time using the timer or log time manually;
- Section totals: show total time vs. estimates;
- Side bar: use our 'Timesheet' button to open timesheet window. You’ll be able to quickly look at all your timekeeping for a Day or Week as well as quickly add time and comments for the tasks you have been working on.
Making reports with monday.com data
There are a number of columns that show specific data coming from monday.com. Open a report builder and select any of the columns to display the data in your report.
- Project and task accordingly show the names of monday.com boards and tasks;
- Section shows the name of the monday.com board group name;
- Workspace shows the name of your monday.com workspace;
- Task number and Task status shows the task ID and whether it is open/archived;
- Any custom field can be used as a separate column;
In general, we rely on monday.com permissions a lot. If in monday.com a user has access to the task project, therefore, he/she can track the time in it. If you take away someone's access to the project in monday.com, this user will no longer be able to track time into its tasks. Past history will remain in the reports of the team, but the user will lose it.
Configuring budgets, marking a task as non-billable, assigning a client to the project can only be done by admins. The admin in Everhour can see the projects and tasks of all members. It does not matter if an admin has access to the same project in monday.com. This is due to the fact that any admin should see the same totals in time reports and be able to configure projects billing and budgeting.
Regular users cannot track time into the archived project. Admins can do that, but only manually (timer is disabled). Thus, we indicate that the project is archived and make sure that no one tracks time accidentally.
It may happen that monday.com changes something in their code and these changes break some part of our functionality. We always do our best to apply the necessary corrections ASAP, but this requires updating our browser extension (this is how we embed into the monday.com interface and there is no other mechanism). If you encounter an issue that something has stopped working, please make sure that you have the latest version of the extension installed. Read this article for more details.
To disable integration, go to the 'Integrations' page in Everhour account.
This option affects only your account, other team members are still able to track time. If the whole team disconnects monday.com, no one can track new time in monday.com, time history remains only in admin reports.
To remove all Everhour controls from the monday.com interface, delete our browser extension.