Screenshots let the team administrators monitor the page visits and activity of any member in order to prove they are indeed working on a task for which they report hours.
In this article
Screenshots are captured only if you have the screenshot recording app installed and running. Web app, browser extension, and mobile app can't capture screenshots.
Enable screenshot taking
In order to be able to take and see screenshots, a team administrator has to turn on the respective block on the Apps page. When you click on the gear icon to open settings, it will be possible to choose which members of your team you want to supervise with screenshots. You can enable blur option to hide sensitive personal data.
The app is available only to users who are currently on a Team Monthly/Annually plan. If you are on the Basic plan, you should ask the team owner to upgrade your plan on the billing page to unlock the feature.
After that, every member who was included on the list should install a desktop app so that Everhour could take screenshots. Open it after the download to authorise with your Everhour account. Last but very important step is to agree to grant our app permissions to take screenshots.
Where to see screenshots
When screenshots are enabled, every user selected will see a new tab "Screenshots" on Time. This page will be divided with hourly blocks, each block with 6 screenshots in total, because we take a screenshot every 10 minutes.
- Each screenshot has exact time when it was taken displayed according to the user time format. When you pause and resume screenshot taking, there can be several screenshots within a 10-minute interval, they will be enumerated.
- Choose a day for which you want to see screenshots.
- A task title for which a user was tracking with a timer at the moment of screenshot taking. When you were not using timer at that moment, the screen will say "No timer".
- We label a screenshot with "No activity" when it was not taken, and "Deleted" if somebody removed it.
- Remove a screenshot / bulk select screenshots to remove.
This is possible to assign a task on a screenshot with No activity or re-assign a task by clicking on this title or the pencil icon on the right.
Team administrators can see this tab among Member profile tabs when they access a profile of another teammate.
When you click on a screenshot, you open a preview screen.
- Header displays the user name, project, task title, time and day of screenshot taking.
- You can delete a screenshot from the preview.
- Navigate across screenshots by clicking on arrows with a mouse or using left-right keys.
Using a desktop app
A desktop app is vital to be installed in order to take screenshots. You can open it in your task tray and find useful commands there.
- Stop - pause taking screenshots. Pause it every time you switch from work to leisure activity.
- Start - becomes active after you hit Stop, pressing on this button activates our app to take screenshots.
- Preferences - choose how many monitors to capture and track time only when timer is running.
- Sign Out - withdraw your api key to let you re-login.
- Help - leads you to our support portal support.everhour.com.
- Check for updates - you will see "Current version is up-to-date" or "Found new updates". When you see the latter message, click to download and then install.
- Quit - turns off our app with the status it had been (active/paused) which remains when you re-activate. No screenshots are taken when you quit the app.