Schedule: basic information
An essential part of time management is to plan the work of your team in advance: who’s busy, who’s overworked, who can handle more, when someone will be available for a new project? We offer to do that in our 'Schedule' app.
Why use Schedule
- Schedule lets you plan work for each individual employee keeping into account their weekly capacity and thus make sure that no one is overbooked. This will help you avoid giving the wrong delivery dates to the client and burnout;
- Schedule helps to visualise plans vs progress. You can see how much time was originally planned for a particular project or client versus time spent in fact;
- Sometimes it's important to know when a particular employee will be available for a new project. Our Schedule allows you to see the exact date the employee has assignments and for how many hours a day he is booked for a particular project right now;
Schedule includes time off information. While 'Time off' is a separate app, when active, you'll see all events in the Schedule. It is useful because time off affects the employee’s capacity and should be taken into account when planning work on a team.
Schedule at a glance
Schedule page shows you a calendar view of all the assignments, past and future.
- Schedule can be viewed in several variations: data can be grouped by Member, Project, Client or in no way (so called 'Timeline');
- In the right corner you'll find create button, navigation, zoom, filters and settings;
- Weekly summary block aggregates information about the planned time, signals in red if there is an excess of employee's weekly capacity, displays the actually tracked time or time off taken;
- Each line can be expanded to see exact assignments.
By default, the Schedule page is only visible to Everhour admins. You can invite other users and give them various levels of access to the page by clicking ⚙️ icon as well as select only specific projects / clients which makes sense to display in the Schedule.
- You can exclude specific projects or clients from Schedule. Thus they will not appear in the left sidebar and will not take up extra space.
- You can also exclude specific members if you aren't going to schedule assignments for them;
- Configure permissions: from having no access to the page, to the ability to see and change everyone's assignment. To learn more about configuring the permissions on the Schedule page, read the Schedule permissions article.