Connecting with Google, Outlook and iCloud calendars
Everhour allows to integrate your Google, Outlook or iCloud calendars to sync events from there as time entries to your timesheet.
How to connect a calendar
This integration is available only to team admins. You can go to Integrations page > click "Add integrations" button to find section "Calendars".
Then choose your calendar type and hit " Connect". In the pop-up window, paste your calendar link and choose when to create time entries: before or after an event happened.
- Google Calendar - How to share your calendar via link
- iCloud Calendar - How to share your calendar via link
- Outlook Calendar - How to share your calendar via link
How calendar integration works
Everhour syncs your events as time tracked without a task (read more in this article) to your timesheet where event title is its description. If you further move this entry to an existing task, this description becomes a task comment.
This is a must that your event has a start and end time! If it's an all-day event, it won't be synced. The period between start and end becomes a time entry.
You can also choose when to create a time entry: before or after the calendar event (the range is between 15 minutes and 3 hours). Here is an example:
- Create time entry 15 minutes before event starts. If event starts at 10:00, the time entry will be created between 09:45 and 09:55 (10 mins gap for sync).
- Create time entry 15 minutes after event. If event starts at 10:00 and ends at 11:00, the time entry will be created between 11:15 and 11:25 (10 mins gap for sync).
When an event can't be synced
- Past events
- If a member has a time tracking limit set on the Members page which is reached.
- If an admin turned on policy "Don't allow logging time manually" under Team settings.
- If an admin turned on policy "Don't allow logging time without a task selected".
In case an event did not sync for some reason, don't try to modify its start and end dates, it will not trigger sync. Instead, try creating a new event.
Google Calendar - How to share your calendar via link
iCloud Calendar - How to share your calendar via link
- Log into iCloud.
- Open the Calendar app.
- Click on the grayed out “wireless” icon.
- Click Public Calendar.
- Copy the given URL
Outlook Calendar - How to share your calendar via link
- Sign in to Outlook.com
- At the top of the page, click gear icon.
- Go to Calendar > Shared calendar and publish your calendar. After that copy the ICS link.