Connecting with Jira Cloud
There are 2 ways to connect your Jira account with Everhour:
- Install the Everhour app from Jira Marketplace (this article).
- Link Jira and Everhour via Application link (separate article).
Everhour App from Jira Marketplace
- Our add-on is verified by Jira and is very easy to install. Jira Admins can find our Everhour app in Atlassian Marketplace, grant permissions and install it for the Jira account.
- Additionally, you can find and install our app right from the issue view. Click the "•••" quick-add button under the issue summary and choose 'Add apps'.
- Once the App is installed, all your Jira team members who have an account in Everhour can log in and start tracking time.
Track Time in Jira with Everhour app
- Everhour app in Jira allows you to record your time with a timer and add time manually. You can also add comments to your time entries.
- Take a look at your Work log summary and edit your time entries in a weekly view as well as check the detailed Work log.
Add estimates in Jira plugin
The Estimates field in Jira plugin is available for classic and next-gen projects and allows you to add overall estimates only. Please note, the plugin does not support personal estimates.
If you were using the Original Estimate native Jira field earlier, we will sync it to Everhour as well.
How it works in Classic projects:
- Jira original estimate and Everhour overall estimate are automatically duplicated to the plugin as an overall estimate;
- If you had Everhour personal estimates earlier, we will indicate their total as an overall estimate in Jira plugin;
- If you had Jira original estimate and Everhour personal estimates, Jira plugin will show you the overall estimate duplicated from Jira original estimate field.
How it works in Next-Gen projects:
- Overall estimate remains overall In Jira plugin;
- Personal estimates remain personal until you add an overall estimate in the Jira plugin instead.
What else you should know
- Once you installed the Everhour app, go ahead and invite everyone into your Everhour account so they can log in.
- Install Everhour browser extension to manage project billing or budgeting right next to the project name in Jira.
- Everhour App is compatible with Safari (while Safari browser extension is not supported at this moment).
- If you add a Jira original estimate greater than a working day based on Jira settings, the estimate will show up in Jira in terms of days then. Everhour will still show the total estimate in hours.
- We do not sync story points in Next Gen projects.