How to create an internal project
Go to your Projects page to create an internal project. Only team admins can do that.
You can make the following actions in the opened modal window:
- Give your project a name;
- Choose one of the templates;
- Choose the layout of tasks display;
- Assign a client;
- Make the project public to your team or private to some members;
- Choose who can track time into a project;
- Choose who is allowed to create, change and delete tasks.
Click on the internal project to manage tasks. You can choose whether to use 'List' or 'Board' view for your tasks.
You can do the following actions with tasks:
- Create a section and then a task. If you want to create a task without a section, please read this post;
- Assign a project member to a task. It is possible to filter the view by your own tasks in the upper right-hand corner;
- Add, edit, move time, copy task, set its estimate, etc without opening a task;
- See tags and click on them to change.
Click on the '...' icon next to the project name for editing, or select several projects and make changes in bulk.
If you often use similar project's structure, you can quickly copy any project by selecting the 'Copy Project' option. You can choose whether to copy estimates, closed sections and tasks. By default we will copy billing and budget preferences.
You can archive a project, thus restricting regular members to track or edit time. Admins can still log hours, but only manually (timer is disabled). We indicate in such a way that the project is archived and make sure that no one tracks time accidentally.
Archived projects are moved to the special section (you can find such projects using filter). You can reactivate a project to resume tracking at any time.
If you delete a project, all its tasks and time history will be permanently removed.