Everhour member types, their roles and permissions
Team admins can assign their team members 1 of the 2 member types: employee or contractor. This can be done together with assigning a user role when inviting new members to your team:
You will then be able to apply filtering by member type on reports and display the type there by adding the Member Type column.
There are 5 user roles in Everhour:
Owner: initially, owners are those who register an Everhour account. Owners can:
- access the Billing page;
- manage the subscription;
- access the payment receipts;
- delete an account.
- Team ownership can be transferred to any other admin on a team.
- Admin: full access (except exclusive privileges of the team owner). Admins can see projects and tasks of all users, regardless of whether they are assigned to the project or not. This is due to the fact that any admin should see the same totals in reports and be able to configure project billing and budgeting. You can turn off some of privileges to lower the access level of an admin (see below).
- Member: ordinary employee. Members can report time into projects and tasks they are assigned to. They can see other team members and their contributions to common projects. Members do not have access to money-related information.
- Supervisor: intermediate role between admin and member. Supervisors can see, add or edit the time for other users, but only in common projects. Supervisors do not see a member until they have an intersection on projects. Like members, supervisors do not have access to money-related information.
- Limited Member: can add, edit and see only personal time and expenses.
|1||Buy or cancel subscription, download receipts, transfer ownership||
|2||Delete Everhour account and data|
|3||Manage users: invite, deactivate, change roles|
|4||Change team settings|
|5|| Turn on/off apps for the entire team ('Invoices', 'Schedule' etc.)
|6||Connect with accounting apps such as QuickBooks or Xero|
|1||Manage projects billing, mark tasks as 'non-billable'|
|2||View and edit rates and costs of all members|
|3|| Manage project and client budgets
(admin can make budget visible to everyone for specific projects)
|4||Receive notifications about reaching budget thresholds|
|5|| Manage expenses of all members
(only admin can see all expenses and make them 'billable' for invoicing)
|6||Add own expenses|
|7||Issue invoices for time and expenses|
|1|| Edit project hours and clock-ins on behalf of other members
(supervisor can see members with shared projects)
|3||See time and estimates of other members (shared projects)|
|4||See running timers, stop someone's timer|
|5|| Approve time of other members
|6||Edit locked time (approved, invoiced, etc.)|
|7||See Activity tab on a project and member profile|
|8||See tasks tab on a project profile (external projects from integrations)|
|9|| Record time off
(everyone can request and see their time off, admins can let supervisors create time off)
|10||Set weekly limits, capacity|
|1||Create, archive, delete projects|
|2|| Manage tasks
(admin can allow everyone to manage tasks in a specific project)
|3||See screenshots of other team members|
Customise admin permissions
This option is available on Team plan only. You can see what parts of Everhour can be locked for admins to access. They will not see the locked information in reports, dashboards and some of pages will be hidden from their eyes.
Apart from these limit options, an admin with limited access will not be able:
- Invite new users with an admin role.
- Downgrade, delete and deactivate other admins.
- Upgrade other users to admins.