Moving time to a different date or task
How to move your time
Moving time to a different date or task is possible when you go to Time, find your task and click on Edit time. It displays 2 new links at the bottom of the pop-over window.
Moving time to a different date is simple. You select a date and transfer the time entry to that date.
Moving time to a different task requires a user to select a member (if time moved by admins), the period, and destination (project and task). Time entries apply for the same dates as in the previous task you move time from. The original task will not have this time anymore.
If you are an admin and want to move time for your employee, there are 2 steps how to do it. First, you need to open a Member summary profile by clicking on the user name in the timesheet table on Home. When you find a day with a time entry, you can delete it first
The second step is to click on Save and Add Another. You will be able to find a project and a task and log this time entry.
Important details to use the feature correctly
- Members can move only their time. Admins and supervisors can move time for others. Users get new time only if they have reported time into a task before.
- You can’t make a move if the time is included in your invoice. We allow moving only of uninvoiced time. If you have a task where the time is invoiced partially, we will move only the part that was not invoiced.
- There is a setting that locks time editing after X days. If you enable this lock, a member can’t move the time to that period. Admins can override this setting and move time.
- We don’t move task estimates.
- Members and supervisors can’t move time into tasks they have no access to. Admins can do this and move the time of deactivated members.