Moving time to a different date or task
How to move your time
Moving time to a different date or task is possible when you go to Time, find your task and click on Edit time. It displays 2 new links at the bottom of the pop-over window.
Moving time to a different date is simple. You select a date and transfer the time entry to that date.
Moving time to a different task requires a user to select a member (if time moved by admins), the period, and destination (project and task). Time entries apply for the same dates as in the previous task you move time from. The original task will not have this time anymore.
Important details to use the feature correctly
- Members can move only their time. Admins and supervisors can move time for others. Users get new time only if they have reported time into a task before.
- You can’t make a move if the time is included in your invoice. We allow moving only of uninvoiced time. If you have a task where the time is invoiced partially, we will move only the part that was not invoiced.
- There is a setting that locks time editing after X days. If you enable this lock, a member can’t move the time to that period. Supervisors and Admins can override this setting and move time.
- We don’t move task estimates.
- Members and supervisors can’t move time into tasks they have no access to. Admins can do this and move the time of deactivated members.