Moving time to a different date or task
How to move your time
Moving time to a different date or task is possible when you go to Time, find your task and click on Edit time. It displays 2 links at the bottom of the pop-over window: move time to a different date or task.
Moving time to a different date is simple. You select a date and transfer the time entry to that date. Moving time to a different task requires a user to select a member (if time moved by admins), the period, and destination (project and task). Time entries apply for the same dates as in the previous task you move time from. The original task will not have this time anymore.
Moving time of others
First place is to find Edit Time Modal by clicking on time entries in reports, timesheets on Home or in the project summary. It lets move time to another day or task. When a task has time entries in different days, you can move one time entry or select a broader period and include this time.
Each task has some details and extra action buttons when you click on the task title. We added a new button there that allows moving time. It is a part of the "Add time" button.
Important details to use the feature correctly
- Members can move only their time. Admins and supervisors can move time for others. Users get new time only if they have reported time into a task before.
- All users can’t make a move if the time is invoiced.
- Members can't move time that is approved or submitted for approval.
- There is a setting that locks time editing after X days. If you enable this lock, a member can’t move the time to that period. Admins can override this setting and move time.
- We don’t move task estimates.
- Members and supervisors can’t move time into tasks they have no access to. Admins can do this and move the time of deactivated members.