How to track time with Everhour projects
We give much attention to integrations and the ability to track time in most popular project management tools. However, Everhour can be an independent time tracker.
Some of you might be satisfied with basic time tracking features which Everhour gives. Other teams (like us), might use projects for misc or recurring tasks that do not fall into any project from your external project management tool.
Ex: you have calls with clients or product meetings every day. This is comfortable to create a task called Meetings and measure the time you spend on this activity.
How to create an internal project
This option is available to team admins. Supervisors and Members can't create an internal project. Admins can edit all projects and add themselves to the project members list to be able to track time for a project.
To create a new project:
- go to Projects.
- Click on Create Project in the upper right-hand corner.
When you click to add a new project, you can:
- Give it a name.
- Choose its layout (list or board view).
- Invite your team to track time for this project.
- Decide who can create and delete tasks in a project: all members or only admins.
When you save the project, it appears under your Projects tab. There is a filter by project source that allows showing only Everhour projects.
How to track time into Everhour projects
Time tracking happens into tasks that you have in your project. You can:
- Click on the project title to open it and start a timer. The process looks similar to the situation when you track time directly in your integrated tool.
- Open Time, find a project and task there via the search bark, start the timer or log hours manually;
- Use our extension to enter task titles and start a timer. Click on the extension window, then open search on the right and type the name of the task.
How to delete or archive an Everhour project
This is important to know that if you delete an Everhour project, you completely delete all its tasks and time you have reported. There is no option any longer to make a report to see historical time entries.
This is why it may be better to archive a project. It is added into the archived tab, you can see history in your reports and reactivate a project to resume tracking.
You can delete/archive a project by:
- Going to Projects.
- Clicking on a project name.
- Pressing the 3-dot sign next to a project name.
- Choosing Edit project.
- Choosing more actions > Archive Project or Delete Project.